Our Response to Covid-19
The Governor has announced the implementation of Phase 1 of re-opening and gyms are in the list of businesses allowed to re-open.
We will open with regular hours Friday, May 15 and the criteria are that we operate at 25% capacity and promote cleanliness and ‘distancing’ as much as possible.
As we are delighted to get back to some kind of normal and we recognize the fact that we must be diligent and
do everything we can to mitigate any potential for the spreading of the virus.
We are committed to doing everything we can in that regard.
Updated Rules & Guidelines
IF YOU FEEL ILL, OR HAVE SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS, DO NOT ENTER THE CLUB.
- Please wash your hands or clean with hand sanitizer immediately upon entering the club.
- You are responsible for your own personal protective equipment. PPE is not required.
- Keep yourself and others safe by adhering to the distancing requirements indicated in all areas of the club.
- Return all weights and equipment to the proper place and wipe down machines and equipment both before
and after use.
Additional Rules and Spectrum's Response:
- All staff members will wear a face mask.
- Club capacity will be limited to a maximum of 20% of total allowable.
- No child care services will be offered in Phase 1 (until at least June 1).
- Distancing will be observed at the front desk, as well as throughout the clubs.
- Additional staff will be present on the gym floor to assist with cleaning and rule enforcement.
- Certain machines and equipment will be ‘blocked off’ from use.
- Group Exercise rooms will be limited with regard to capacity and will have participant places marked.
- The Group Exercise schedule will be modified and posted at each specific club.
- Sanitization items will be made available throughout the clubs.
- Where applicable, steam rooms will be closed.
- CPR protective masks have been placed alongside AED’s and in group ex areas.
- Where applicable, pools are open. Please practice appropriate distancing both in and around the pools.
Please remember that if you feel ill in any way, you should not be in the club. Also remember that working outat Spectrum is a VOLUNTARY process and although we will be doing all we can to ensure our rules arefollowed, if you feel uncomfortable at all, please do not come to the club until you feel safe doing so.